ACA recently published updated chapters to complete the latest revision of the ACA Industry Labeling Guide, Sixth Edition, to provide members at all stages of the supply chain an understanding of labeling requirements relevant to paints, coatings, sealants, and adhesives. The updated chapters address labeling and registration considerations for paints with pesticides, commercial and shipping labeling, and labeling considerations for adhesive, sealant and repair products. The completed guide can aid companies placing products on the market as they develop product labels for products intended for the workplace, consumer markets, or both consumer and industrial/commercial markets.
ACA developed the ACA Industry Labeling Guide, Sixth Edition for its membership in consultation with several association working groups and committees. Among the product-specific labeling considerations, developed through industry practice, the guide addresses labeling considerations specific to volatile organic compounds, carcinogens, and more.
The ACA Industry Labeling Guide, Sixth Edition provides general guidance for hazard and precautionary labeling under the principal statutory and regulatory programs applicable to paints, adhesives and related industry products. Among these laws and regulations are the following:
- Occupational Safety and Health Act
- Federal Hazardous Substances Act, Hazardous Materials Regulations
- Federal Insecticide Fungicide and Rodenticide Act
- Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act (regulating commercial practices)
- Uniform State Weights and Measures Law, the Uniform State Packaging and Labeling Regulation
- Federal Trade Commission Act (with the FTC Green Guides)
- Various state-level labeling requirements for volatile organic compounds and hazardous chemicals.
The ACA Industry Labeling Guide, Sixth Edition is accessible to ACA members at https://www.paint.org/labeling-guide/. To access the guide, members must enter their username and password for the ACA website. Members who need login credentials may contact ACA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact ACA’s Riaz Zaman for more information about the labeling guide.