Paper & Poster Topics
Following the theme, “Coatings Technologies: Adaptation in a Complex World,” papers and posters on the following topics are sought and will be considered:
- Advances in Analytical Methods & Technology
- Application/Manufacturing/Processing Equipment
- Architectural Coatings
- Biocidal Control (e.g., preservation, surface protection, antifouling)
- Corrosion and Adhesion
- Functional Coatings
- High-throughput Testing
- Infrastructure Coatings
- Pigments and OtherAdditives
- Powder Coatings Advancements
- Protective Coatings
- Radiation-cured Coatings
- Renewable/Bio-based Coatings
- Transporation Coatings
- Waterborne Coatings
- Weathering and Durability
- Wood Coatings
- Health, Safety and Environmental Regulations/Sustainability:
- Hazard Communication and Labeling
- Hazardous Air Pollutants and Indoor Air Quality
- Life-cycle Assessment
- Life Safety Engineering
- Volatile Organic Compounds
- Waste Minimization
Guidelines & Important Information for Submitters
Those submitting abstracts for consideration should know that, if accepted, they will be expected to provide their full paper or poster and make a presentation in person at the conference.
To submit a paper or poster, please provide a maximum 1,500-character abstract along with:
- Title of Paper/Poster, Author(s), and Company/Institution Name
- Speaker’s Name and Biographical Information
- Mailing Address, Email, and Telephone Number
Please NOTE the following:
- To comply with expectations of conference attendees, use of commercial trade names or product names is not permitted. All abstracts and subsequent papers must be non-commercial in content.
- All abstracts will be reviewed by the CoatingsTech Conference Programs Committee, and acceptance decisions will be based on originality, quality, and relevance to the coatings industry.
- After abstracts are reviewed and accepted, all presenters will be required to submit a paper by the indicated deadline for publication in the CoatingsTech Proceedings.
- Each presenter is required to register for the CoatingsTech Conference and will receive complimentary registration for the day of the presentation. Speakers also benefit from a full CoatingsTech Conference discount should they desire to attend sessions on other days.
- Speakers will not be compensated and are expected to pay their own travel, lodging, and per diem expenses.
- Student registration fees are heavily discounted, and student travel stipends may be available.
The CoatingsTech Best Paper Award will be presented for the best overall paper contributed to the CoatingsTech Conference, and the award winner will earn a $2,500 cash prize. NOTE: To be considered for the CoatingsTech Award, your paper must be submitted by April 10, 2023.
To submit a paper for the 2023 competition, the following rules must be observed:
- Participants must complete an entry to the Call for Papers, and request to be considered for this award
- All submissions must have high technical merit, including objectivity and sound experimental design
- Papers must have strong relevance to coatings technology and its high potential impact on the industry
Student Poster Awards
Student Poster Awards will be given for the top three student posters presented at the CoatingsTech Conference. Student posters will be judged on site, and the award winners will be chosen based on experimental design and execution, originality, and relevance to the future of the coatings industry. Student Poster Awards are as follows: First Place – $500; Second Place – $300; Third Place – $200.
NOTE: Each student will be provided a display board to highlight the research project, and displays must be staffed during the scheduled poster session times.
To submit a poster for the 2023 competition, the following rules must be observed:
- Participants must complete an entry to the Call for Papers, designate student status and a preference for the poster session.
- Posters must include original research on a subject related to coatings technology or present a significantly insightful comprehensive review of a field of coatings technology.
- Posters may be related to a senior project, thesis, or dissertation and will be accepted from undergraduate, Master’s degree, and PhD students, respectively.
ALL Abstract Submissions: December 1, 2022
Submit Your Abstract
To submit your abstract, please click on the button below and follow the guidelines to fill out the form with required information by Dec. 1, 2022. You will receive a confirmation email once you complete and submit the form.