The American Coatings Association (ACA) is a voluntary, nonprofit trade association working to advance the needs of the paint and coatings industry and the professionals who work in it. The organization represents paint and coatings manufacturers, raw materials suppliers, distributors, and technical professionals. ACA serves as an advocate and ally for members on legislative, regulatory and judicial issues, and provides forums for the advancement and promotion of the industry through educational and professional development services.
Toward that end, the ACA mission is as follows:
- The Association shall advance the interests of the coatings industry and serve as its chief advocate and spokesperson before the government and public; domestically and globally.
- The Association shall undertake programs and services that support the coatings industry’s commitment to environmental protection, sustainability, product stewardship, health and safety, corporate responsibility, and the advancement of science and technology.
- The Association shall support (1) paint stewardship programs through the implementation and expansion of PaintCare®; (2) the goal of Graffiti-Free Communities through the Graffiti Resource Council; and (3) industry collaboration through the International Paint and Printing Ink Council as well as through multilateral and bilateral initiatives with other related associations, domestic and international.
- The Association shall conduct the leading trade show and coatings technology conference in North America through the American Coatings Show and Conference.
- The Association shall promote the coatings industry’s substantial contributions to society and the economy.