Following the theme, “Essential Coatings Technology: Supporting Tomorrow’s Sustainable Development Challenges Today,” papers on the following topics are sought and will be considered:
- Advances in Analytical Technology
- Application / Manufacturing/ Processing Equipment
- Architectural Coatings
- Biocidal Control (i.e., preservation, surface protection, antifouling, and advanced pathogen control products)
- Corrosion and Adhesion
- Infrastructure Improvement Coatings
- Functional Coatings
- High Throughput
- Novel Waterborne Materials
- Powder Coatings Advancements
- Protective Coatings
- Renewable/Bio-based Coatings
- Transportation Coatings
- Weathering/ Durability
- Wood Coatings
- Health, Safety and Environmental Regulatory and Sustainability-related Measurement:
- HAPs and IAQ Control Strategies
- Lifecycle Assessments
- Hazard Communication and Labeling
- Life Safety Engineering
- Waste Minimization
Guidelines & Important Information for Submitters
Those submitting abstracts for consideration should know that, if accepted, they will be expected to provide their full paper and make a presentation, either in person, online, or via a pre-recorded video.
To submit a paper, please provide a maximum 300-word abstract along with:
- Title of Paper, Author(s), and Company Name
- Speaker’s Name and Biographical Information
- Address, Email, and Telephone
Please NOTE the following:
- In order to comply with expectations of conference attendees, use of commercial trade names or product names is not permitted. All abstracts and subsequent paper submissions must be non-commercial in style and pre-approved prior to the conference.
- All abstracts will be reviewed by the CoatingsTech Conference Program Committee, and acceptance decisions will be based on originality, quality, and relevance to the coatings industry.
- After abstracts are reviewed and accepted, all presenters will be required to submit a paper and presentation by the indicated deadline for publication in the CoatingsTech Program Proceedings.
- Each speaker is required to register for the CoatingsTech Conference and will receive complimentary registration for the day of their presentation. (Speakers also benefit from a full CoatingsTech Conference discount should they desire to attend sessions on other days.)
- Speakers will not be compensated and are expected to pay their own travel, lodging, and per diem expenses.
The CoatingsTech Best Paper Award will be presented for the best overall paper contributed to the CoatingsTech Conference. The award winner will earn a cash prize for his/her participation. To submit a paper for the 2021 competition, the following rules must be observed:
- Participants must request to be considered for this award;
- All submissions must have high technical merit, including objectivity and experimental design;
- Participants will be judged on the content of the paper and also the presentation during the conference. Presentation ability is weighed heavily; and
- Papers must have strong relevance to coatings technology and its impact on the industry.
NOTE: To be considered for the CoatingsTech Award, your paper must be submitted by Jan. 15, 2021.
Student Poster Awards
The Student Poster Awards will be presented for the best overall student posters presented at the CoatingsTech Conference. Student posters will be judged on site and the award winners will be chosen based on experimental design and execution, originality, and relevance to the future of the coatings industry.
To submit a poster for the 2021 competition, follow the rules noted in must be observed:
- Participants must complete an entry to the Call for Papers, designate student status and preferences for the poster session.
- Posters may be related to a senior project, thesis, or dissertation and will be accepted from undergraduate, Master’s degree, and Ph.D students, respectively; and
- Posters must include original research on a subject related to coatings technology or present a significantly insightful comprehensive review of a field of coatings technology.
First Place – $500
Second Place – $300
Third Place – $200
NOTE: Each student will be provided a display board to highlight the research project, and displays must be staffed during the scheduled poster session times.
ALL Abstract Submissions: Oct. 15, 2020
Submit Your Abstract
To submit your abstract, please click on the button below and follow the guidelines to fill out the form with required information by Oct. 15, 2020. You will receive a confirmation email once you complete and submit the form.